Dear Friends, Residents and Constituents of Meriden and Tudor,
Watford is dear to my heart. I have lived in the Tudor Ward for over 18 years and it continues to be where my extended family and friends live. Watford has been where we bring up our son and where my family & I actively spend time in our wonderful parks, support local businesses, and where the people I work, laugh and spend time with live.
As a town within easy access to London, the north and the west, with a proud history of industry and a fast-growing cosmopolitan population, Watford has the potential to be a great town!
However, instead of enabling a flourishing local economy, and a sustainably developing community that is eco-friendly as well as promoting well-being, our local government is contributing to:
- Unsustainable over development of housing with high rise buildings and insufficient car parking
- Underdeveloped infrastructure and public amenities
- Rising costs in Council Tax
- Reduced frequency in waste bin collection
- Lack of sufficient support for small business that create local jobs in our mini high streets
- Lavish spending on vanity projects such as the Beryl bikes and mismanagement of cosmetic redesigning of the High Street Pond
- Uncontrolled crime rates
- Reduced greenery and lack of eco-friendly development
As Benjamin Disraeli once said “No government can be long secure without a formidable Opposition”
An unopposed Watford local government is neither secure, nor can it offer sensible and sustainable governance for growth, prosperity and well-being.
Our elected officials have failed us…..
Our growth, security and well-being are in jeopardy…..
As a resident and stake holder in the growth of my home town Watford, I am eager to be actively involved in serving our local community and represent you as your local Councillor.
I believe with strong representation and a voice to question the current local government policies, proposed projects and expenditures, I can help bring to our government:
- Direction toward public well-being
With me as your local representative, I will:
BRING FOCUS BACK TO BASICS:
- Establish better local community support programmes
- Decrease Council Tax sustainably
- Improve street lighting
- Improve waste management
- Cut spending on vanity projects that have a low or insignificant return over investment
- More green trees and a greener Meriden, Tudor and Watford
- Cleaner and safer local community for better well-being
HELP DIRECT DEVELOPMENT:
I will help direct development that is sustainable, challenge our local government’s policies that results in projects such as the high-rise flats without infrastructure to support it growth or planning approvals that have a rapid increase in population affecting:
- Spaces in local schools for children, compromising quality of education
- Ability of local GPs to provide much needed quality health care
- Car parking needs for families moving into new developments
- Traffic, Noise and Carbon pollution
SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES:
As your representative, I will work collaboratively with our local government and help support small businesses recover from the pandemic and improve local job opportunities by:
- Surveying the needs of our local businesses
- Supporting local networks
- Encourage and support our local government to better work with chambers of trade
- Helping establish and improve Business Improvement Districts within our locality
- Help with lower rent for council owned and rented premises
- Plan strategic rental forgiveness to small business who have been significantly affected by the pandemic
I would like to work with each and every one of our local residents towards our common goals, towards the betterment of Meriden, Tudor and Watford.
So please may I ask for your support with the following:
- Help spread this important message to everyone around you
- Share this page with ALL of your social media followers
- Contact me with your email to enable me to keep you informed of local developments
- Volunteer for change, when and where you can
- Get involved in our movement to change and improve Meriden, Tudor and Watford
I am confident that with your help and us working together as a team, we can find the right solutions to our local challenges.
With your help and support, it will be my honour and privilege to serve and represent you in our local government as your Councillor in:
- Meriden Ward
- Meriden-Tudor Hertfordshire County Council Division
and help shape the growth of Meriden, Tudor and Watford.
I am here to serve our community and you.
While there are many different family structures including single parent families, foster families or nuclear families, they all form the backbone in building a society where people are supported and cared for.
Global warming is a threat we are all facing today. But how can we address this immediate and now very visible threat and be able to give our future generations a world to live in?
Ready to Make a Change?
Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc. Nunc consequat justo eget enim finibus porta. Suspendisse orci nunc.